Rules of the Game:
Rules Change: For the finals on July 27th we will be conducted using Cancellation Scoring
- Boards are placed approximately 27’ apart from each other (measuring from the front of each board). Official cornhole boards are 24″ x 48′. Most mass-produced cornhole boards do not meet these dimensions. During the preliminary play, the smaller boards may be used if all parties agree.
- Two colors of bags will be used—four bags for each team.
- Teams consist of 2 players.
- There are no gender rules. Teams may consist of 2 men, 2 women, or 1 man and 1 woman.
- A coin toss will precede the match, the winner decides who will throw first.
- One player from each team stands on one side of opposite end Teammates should be facing each other. Those two players will alternate tosses until all bags have been played.
- The foul line is made by the front of the boxes and all throws must be made from behind the foul line.
- If a player breaks the foul line or throws out of turn, the player will lose a turn.
- The team that scores the most points in a round, starts the throwing for the next round.
- If the round is tied, the last team to win a round throws first.
- Any bag that touches the ground during a throw should be removed from the board and not counted.
Teams should report to the games at least 10 minutes before their scheduled starting time of the match. A game will be ruled a forfeit if any of the following occur:
- No one from one of the teams is present at game time.
- The minimum number of players are not present (2).
- Improper conduct by one or more players on any team.
The object of the game is to score points by throwing beanbags onto, or through the hole of, the Cornhole Board opposite from you.
- Cornholes – A bag thrown through the hole in the board. A bag can be pushed in by other bags from either player.
- Cornhole = 3 points.
- Woody or Boarder – A bag that is not in-the-hole but lands with any portion resting on the board.
- Woody or Boarder = 1 point.
- If the bag touches the ground before hitting the board or lands hanging off the board while also touching the ground it is called a “Dirty” and score 0 points Any “Dirty” bags must be removed from play before the next bag is tossed.
- Stanker or Foul Bag – Any toss that is not a Cornhole or a Woody.
- Stanker or Foul Bag = 0 points.
- Bags knocked into foul territory by a foul bag should be returned as closely as possible to their original position. This also applies to bags that are knocked into the hole by a foul bag.
Scoring for the Kitsap Cornhole Classic will be CANCELLATION scoring. All points from each round are added to the points from previous rounds. There is no cancellation scoring during the tournament.
Play will continue until one team reaches 21 points. The game cannot end in the middle of the inning though, so the winner might exceed 21 points. If both teams have reached an excess of 21 points in the same inning the team with the most points at the end of that inning is declared the winner. If they are both tied at the end of the final inning, an additional frame will be played until some takes the lead over 21.