The Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards, our very own Seagull Awards or “Gully’s”, are designed to honor local businesses that have demonstrated outstanding business practices in their particular fields and contributed to the well-being of community.
Criteria used for selecting the award winners includes:
- Contributions to employment and excellence in employment relations.
- Practices exemplary business conduct and responds positively to adversity in business.
- Excellence in community relations and aid to community projects.
- Involvement in professional, business and trade associations.
- Proven business achievement including increase in sales and/or unit volume.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service.
- Proven marketing and promotional achievement.
- Product innovation and technological advancement.
- Strong business or management philosophy.
For more details on the individual awards click on the links below.
Nomination Process: Award nominations can be made by the general public.
Nominations can be submitted via the Chamber of Commerce Website, via email, or in person to the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce office. All nominations must be submitted by February 5, 2020.
When submitting a nomination it is important to include as much supporting information about the nominee as possible. Including testimonials and examples is critical in the selection process. The better the nomination write up the better the chance of the nominee winning.
After all nominees are received, the finalists will be selected, reviewed for eligibility and the screening process will begin. The award winner is selected by an awards committee from the Chamber of Commerce.
To nominate a business for an award online, simply click here. You will be taken to an online form, you can complete for the nomination.
If you want to print out a nomination form you may do so by clicking here. You can drop off the nominee form to the Chamber office at 1014 Bay St #3.
When submitting a nomination via email, please indicate what category you are nominating business in. The main question in: “What about this business or individual makes them stand out in the community. (Such as special accomplishments, activities, participation, or longevity). What impact has this individual or business made in the South Kitsap community? Please include specific examples or actions worthy of this award. Help us understand why this business or individual is great!
Send your nomination to email@example.com